1. Always perform a skin patch test:
for pets: mist belly
for people: mist inside of elbow
For both: cover with band aide for 24 hours. Keep dry. If redness or irritation occurs, wash area with soap and water and discontinue use.
2. If you or your pet is: elderly, has a medical condition, seizures, compromised immune system, takes medication or has other health concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me with your questions. I can also custom blend something for you or your pet. You should ALWAYS check with your doctor or veterinarian first if you or your pet are on medication.
3. Always offer a blend or hydrosol to your pet by misting your hand and holding it out. Allow them to come to you. If your pet turns and runs away, NEVER chase them down and force the blend or spray on them. Know that many pets will take some time to get used to the mister sound.
4. I DO NOT support the use of essential oils for cats, unless you have been specially trained. Hydrosols can the best choice for their delicate skin. Hydrosols such as Rose work wonders when misted in their space for cats that have gone through trauma. Most of us know that aspirin is fatal to cats. This is because they lack a liver enzyme, glucuronosyleransferase. Lots of misinformation out there about cats...even from vets now using and selling their own blends. The thing about it is-you wouldn't know you had poisoned your cat until it was too late! After taking multiple trainings with Caroline Ingraham(founder of applied zoopharmcognosy/animal self - selection), I understand that cats can be safely offered an essential oil, however, they RARELY want it put on them! Please respect their right to select what is needed and reach out for a mini consult.
6. Please don't put essential oils in your pet's food or water-you can cause irreversible damage!! Essential oils have zero nutritional value-this is just another multi-level marketing gimmick. Don't put them in your food or water either. It's a great way to cause permanent harm to your throat, stomach, and other organs.
7. Although I do not sell essential oils, I advise you to never use them undiluted on yourself, your dog or your cat. Please contact a trained professional even if it's not me! Repeated use of undiluted essential oils can cause great harm and toxicity. Please go to Tisserand Institute to see the latest data.
8. Please use Animal Aromatics products as they are intended. Animal Aromatics will NOT be held liable for ANY misuse of its products.
9. Never use blends around the anus, eyes, nose etc. Those people who tell you to do so and then say, "If it appears to burn it means it is working." NOPE you are burning the mucous membranes of your pet. Please don't do this!